Tuesday 19 February 2013

Nutella Cupcakes

There's something about nutella that always makes me feel excited for breakfast. Maybe not the most healthiest of breakfasts if I were to smother Nutella all over my toast every morning, but chocolate before school always gives a healthy smile :)

Nutella choc cupcakes - dustingoficingsugar.blogspot.co.uk

These cupcakes were a must-do as soon as I saw it in the recipe book. They were literally a moist, chocolate cake with a nutella filling and crammed with chocolate.

Nutella choc cupcakes - dustingoficingsugar.blogspot.co.uk

Every once in a while, I like to go back to baking cupcakes because they were the roots of my baking history. When I was around four, I would help my mum stir the cake batter or pour the sugar in. When the cakes were smelling delightful and cooked, I would help with the decorating - a simple glacé icing and sprinkles.

Nutella choc cupcakes - dustingoficingsugar.blogspot.co.uk


I find that these silicon moulds are becoming my new favourite for baking up cupcakes. They are eco-friendly as they can be used many times and also saves the hassle of stocking up paper cases, which means cramming more junk into the baking cupboard. Win-win!


Nutella choc cupcakes - dustingoficingsugar.blogspot.co.uk

Nutella Cupcakes
Ingredients:

375g self raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
25g cocoa powder
100g brown sugar
125g melted butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten
250ml buttermilk
250ml nutella
handful of chocolate chips (optional)

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan. Grease 12-hole muffin pan
2. Sift dry ingredients in large bowl, stir in butter, eggs, buttermilk and choc chips if using.
3. Divide 1/3 of mixture among holes of muffin pan, top each with 1 tbsp nutella, top with remaining muffin mixture.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Stand for 5 minutes, turn top-side up onto wire rack to cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your special thoughts make me smile, thanks for dropping by! X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...